Thursday, December 15, 2011

My latest trip around the sun

Each year I take a trip around the sun
... then again so do you :)


As is the case for so many, this time of year brings thoughts, questions and answers about how our year has unfolded... did any of our plans come to fruition?  Were the things we were so afraid of turn out to be as awful as the version we pre-played in our heads a thousand times?  Did we achieve our goals?


I think I will take a quick inventory of this last year, and see how close it came to my expectations:


Home - I had NO idea I would be living in the same place I was a year ago. If you had told me this would be the case I would have screamed, cringed and cried.... but during the holidays, there is nowhere else I'd rather be .... for now ;)


Work - Wow! I have taken on 2 kinds of projects I could have never foreseen.  One is that of a professional paid blogger, something I did not go after, but love love love doing... then again, I do work with the best client on earth.  The second activity is my new business which is poised to be the single most fun and rewarding venture I've been involved in to date.... and that is saying a lot cuz I have worked for and owned some businesses that blew me away


Relationships - I lost the love of my life at the top of the year and thank God everyday for the gift of that love.  I have also embarked on the strangest and most wondrous relationship with a fellow universe traveller, of whom I am incredibly fond and proud.  Plus, I've met a truly gentle man, who is lovely and virile in every way a girl could want.


Finances - I have never made less money in my life... and I have never felt richer.... nuff said 


Identity - I have never been happier or felt like more of a conquering hero in my own life.  I no longer have any of the possessions that tried to define me throughout my life... Now I just have me... and God ... turns out that is enough :)


For all the reasons just mentioned, as well as all the minor miracles I am witness to daily, and especially for the sweet friends with whom I've been blessed, my cup of joy overflows


Thank you for being a part of my life
and enriching it so much


I can't wait to take this next sun trip with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment