Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pick up & Go

     Our tastes change.  There may be something we love for years and then suddenly, and seemingly for no reason, we no longer care for it anymore.  Or conversely, there may be something to which we've always harbored an aversion, that one day we find we have a hankering for it.  That has certainly been the case in my own life the last few months.

     It was exactly one year ago that I parted with the last of my most cherished personal possessions... the fine china and silver collection.... everything and I mean EVERYTHING from my theater company... Lord of the Rings and Potter goodies including those purchased abroad and not available here in the States.  It's been a wrenching situation at times... especially now that I am launching a small business that could use and benefit from so much of the lavish or unusual items I had.  But overall I have no regrets.

     This has been the most liberating phase I can remember, and the lessons I've been learning have come sweetly and easily, without undo challenge and difficulty.  I feel light and unburdened.  At this point, when I see beautiful goods, I no longer 'wish' I had them... not at all.  In actuality, I am somewhat 'turned off' at the thought of adding more 'stuff' to my cache of possessions.  My dream now is polar opposite of the 'grand estate with enough garages to hold my fleet of cars'.  Now, my goal is to whittle down my list of 'things' until I can comfortably fit all that I own in the back of a pickup truck.  And I hope to take the time and thought that I used to devote to enjoying things ... to enjoying and enriching people.

~❤~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment