I then realized that while we were all looking at the exact same part of the same sky from the same spot on the ground and from the same angle, we were all experiencing something different. I determined then and there to be grateful for what was, rather than lament what wasn't. I looked up again and was even more enthralled by the juxtaposition of the blue of the sky against the white of the clouds and the green of the tree's leaves in the foreground.
There is so much beauty all around us at all times. It's just a matter of making the effort to notice it and enjoy it. While SoCal is still in dire need of rain, and I can never get enough clouds, I'm going to make a point to be grateful for the sky in all its many faces, even those that portend never-ending sunshine. More than anything, I'm grateful for the ability to be able to see the sky and walk outside to bask in its glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment