Friday, October 31, 2014

NaNoWriMo.... at the last mo

Have you ever heard of NaNoWriMo?
For those who haven't -
Kerepakupai-Merú - aka Angel Falls, Venezuela
National Novel Writing Month, shortened as NaNoWriMo (na-noh-RY-moh), is an annual internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. NaNoWriMo challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel from November 1 until the deadline at 11:59PM on November 30

I've been happy to cheer on friends from the safety of the bleachers, but given that this activity starts tomorrow and that I got an unusual idea for a story just 48 hours ago, what the heck. I'm goin' in! I just signed up on the NaNoWriMo site moments ago under the name JS Devivre, should you want to become writing 'buddies' there.   Please join me throughout the month, whether as a participating author or cheerleader on the sidelines.  I'll be writing in a genre I know nothing about, so this should be interesting.

You know it's a last minute thing when you're asked for the names of your characters and you don't even have any yet!  But I was asked for a title and synopsis and thought it was the least I could, so here goes:

Synopsis of The Fallen
Hayley Gabriel is a bookworm by trade and couch potato by choice. The night she takes the leap to go out on a date with charming Raiff St. John the world turns upside down with catastrophic results.  Her search for answers and solutions takes her to places she dared never go. But will she get there in time?

...wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment